Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tuna (Chicken!) treats from Rachael Ray magazine


For this recipe I substituted chicken since I'm not a tuna fan and didn't want to work with it. 
Also, since the recipe calls for a 3.5 ounce can and my market has only 5 oz or 10 oz I decided to buy the 10oz and triple it.
One thing I've learned over the years with baking dog treats is that they are very forgiving.  Basically you are just mashing ingredients together and then baking the moisture out of them. 
I should have added more flour because the treats didn't get as dry as I thought they should.  So, after I scored and broke them into pieces I put the pan back into the oven (turned off because I was done for the day) and let them sit in there until the oven was cool.  Not really baking but just using that heat to dry the biscuits.  I hope that makes sense!
These also passed the taste test and since they are very easy to make I will repeat this recipe in the future.
 

1 comment:

  1. all of the items look good! The one looks like a big pan of fudge. Those little girls don't know how fortunate and pampered they are!

    Aunt C

    ReplyDelete