Thursday, February 21, 2013

Baking trifecta today . . . Cookies, cupcakes, and a cake (pie and quiche tomorrow!)




Today I tried three new recipes.  The cookies are oatmeal with dried cherries and pecans.  They are supposed to be twice that size; the recipe indicates 'makes eighteen' but I didn't want ginormous cookies.  Or perhaps I do now that I've sampled one....




These are skinny chocoloate banana peanut butter cupcakes from Sally's Baking Addiction.  I'm not sure how skinny they are but the ingredients indicate they should be.  Maybe you are supposed to eat just one at a sitting to make them qualify for the 'skinny' adjective.  dunno.
Finally, this is the Domino Sugar Recipe for their one bowl cake and icing.  I made the vanilla version because I heard it was fabulous.  There is also a chocolate type that I will probably be baking next week.  Since I usually can't leave a recipe alone of course I had to alter this one... plus it doesn't have ANY chocolate.  Well, mine does... 1/2 of this cake has mini chocolate chips.  Before I put it in the oven I mixed some in along one side of the pan.  Let's see if it worked!



Frosted cake and cupcakes ready to sample.  See those ingredients in the background?  That's dinner.  I need to cut back tonight since I over-indulged today with cake batter and cookie dough.  Not much but you know how it goes.... Grilled Veggies and Rice - something I cook at least once a week.

Domino Sugar All in One Cake and Frosting

Sally's Baking Addiction Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cupcakes

Rachael Ray Magazine Cherry-Pecan Oatmeal Cookies



2 comments: