Tuesday, November 22, 2011
No personal information is required. If you are reading my blog... please take one minute and make a few clicks for me:
1. go to www.telarc.com/justadream
2. click 'get M&A to your blues society'
3. click the radio button next to SUNCOAST BLUES SOCIETY (4th on the list)
4. scroll down and click done
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE BLUES and helping to bring M&A to Tampa for my awesome blues club.
Only one vote per computer. Period. Only one vote. But... if you have more than one computer in your home or you work with an office full of people, everyone can vote! :)
VOTING ENDS NOVEMBER 30th SO PLEASE VOTE TODAY!
SEND TO YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, CO-WORKERS!
Yes, I'm begging.
Monday, November 7, 2011
Music in Los Angeles - Trombone Shorty, Merle Haggard, Chris Kristofferson, Kenny Neal, and a blues jam at Cork's
As I'm editing this blog, the photo below won't turn 'right side up' for some weird reason and I've speent too much time messing with it. This lady had to be in her 60s at least. At first glance, she looks young. When she passed by and you got a look at the crow's feet and the wrinkled hands... well, you know what I'm talking about. She was having a good time at this show and I hope if I live to be her age that I'm out there partying too ....sans the blue hair, thick eyeliner, and micro-dress of course.I found this poster in the bathroom hallway. Love Steve McQueen. I didn't bring this poster home with me. hahahaha
We also attended the Trombone Shorty show at the El Rey Theatre in LA. Trombone Shorty had the crowd of about 1500 rockin' and groovin'. Cool shot of the three of us. Again, I need a better camera! This one is great for outdoor shots but inside - yikes. The El Rey is very nice inside.
Among other things which I will also post separately we....
- Spent time at It's a Wrap http://www.itsawraphollywood.com/
- Shopped at the Vintage Clothing Expo. The second day I sat in the sun outside people watching and reading. It was a beautiful day in Santa Monica
- Watched THOR! yes, I finally got to experience the wonder that is THOR... I don't know what the movie was really about but I did enjoy the eye candy
- cooked a few dinners and also baked some yummy pumpkin cookies
- went out to dinner here and there
- enjoyed some live music and karaoke too! (no, I did NOT sing)
- worked every weekday
- browsed a cool antique shop
- dressed like ghouls
- attended a fashion and make-up event at nordstroms which was really fun
- other stuff I've forgotten
- was totally spoiled
Sookie, Dexter, Elsie, and Annabelle Beep-Beep
I also did my first City Bike Ride in September. I would love to do more of these but it was kind of strange doing this alone. We started at the museum and biked to 3-4 restaurants downtown. It really was much more eating than biking but it was fun.
September also found me with a 'snake in the pool' dilemna. Now I know, this snake isn't very big. It is a ring-necked black snake and they don't get much larger. BUT - a snake is a snake and I don't like them... especially in the pool. I let it float around for a while with the hopes that it would drown. I then realized that snakes don't drown. They swim. So, I decided to be a big girl and take care of the situation. I used the pool net and scooped it out and deposited in the grass.
I attended Lynn Marino's baby shower.
I spent a lot of time in the stamp room making cards for September birthday gifts. I also listed many items on ebay.
There may be more events and happenings but I can't recall right now so it is time to move on.
Me and Paul. My required self-portrait.
http://youtu.be/yVD0L2XNgkI Here is a video of the US contestant. Yes, he is carrying a car. A Yugo I believe. A car. Carrying a car. I'm sure some of the 'stuff' has been taken out of the car. Well, wait... did Yugos have anything extra in them to begin with???