Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Birthday gift for a friend ... inspiration found in Signals catalog - TAKING ORDERS - will custom make one for you!

Here is what I found in the magazine:
When I saw this I knew immediately that it was perfect for my friend Cheryl and her family. Yesterday I started cutting the letters. It took HOURS!


Lessons learned:

- Do not layer the letters. Eliminating the layer will cut the production time down to an hour probably vs the at least 7 hours I have in this... The first of anything always takes too much time - but dang. It will also look much nicer I think since there are so many words.

- Cut the letters a little smaller so I can get all lines on the sign. My version doesn't have the happy line even though I cut and glued the letters together

- Use less patterned paper. I used a package of coordinated paper and it looks too busy to me. If there is a next time, I will use something different - less patterns and without the layering. It would look much nicer

- BUY A NEW BLADE FOR THE CRICUT!! It is seriously in need. I have to cut, recut, and cut again a lot of w's... Rip, shred, skip...that's what the cricut did with the paper. I thought I had an extra blade but can't find it. Go figure

- First line should be moved to the right about an inch. Itis too far to the left but can't change it now!

I'm kind of happy with my result although I wish I could have put the happy line in there. Of all the lines I figured that was the one to be left off since happy is kind of implied with all others. I was going to buy a frame but I'm sure whatever I buy won't be good enough so I will leave that to her. I wouldn't know whether to buy wood, black, white, green, metal, etc.
Below is my finished product. What do you think? Oh, I'm not worried that she will see this before I give it to her because she is one who does not read blogs. In fact, she told me months ago she does not read blogs. She reads FB only. LoL. facebook sucks! But I digress. Off to make the birthday card.

p.s.  this is 39.95 in the signal catalog with personalization.  I will make one for you, in your choice of colors, for 20.00 plus shipping if needed.  PLUS I will make sure the HAPPY Line is included!

No comments:

Post a Comment