Wednesday, November 5, 2008

When and Where can I get my check?

Soon the tide will turn and we will have change in DC, right?
Well, all I want to know is where and when can I get my check?
I have to admit I'm tired of working - aren't we all sometimes? I've worked since I was young - yes, back to baby sitting days when people were not afraid to have kids watching kids... I always had cash. I can remember this cash mysteriously disappearing from my bedroom too but I digress.
A lot of people stress when they reach their 30th birthday... me, I was upset at 35 because I had been working at some sort of 'real' tax-paying full time job (and sometimes an additional part-time at the same time) for over 1/2 my life. I was and still am tired. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything - but - wouldn't it be nice to have someone else pay all of your bills, get you out of debt, give you a card to get groceries every month? I guess I could get a roommate or a husband. Nope, those aren't in my cards either.
Oh yeah, in addition to working all that time mentioned above I also went to school part-time and eventually - nine-years-eventually - earned my BA from USF. If I can do it, anyone can. I didn't have the opportunity to go to college just out of high school. I didn't know anything about college. I knew about marriage and getting out of the house - and staying employed. I know many of you won't like this statement but - thank goodness I had no children.
I'm a little depressed (can ya tell?~?) over an email rcvd tonight about a relative - that email is what is the catalyst for this post.....with the price of cigarettes they could pay the electric bill but who am I to say how they spend the money provided by others?
....and with what happened yesterday... well.... I'll keep it to myself - it being a political opinion.... my check is in the mail. It could go either way, right? The economy is bad - or is it? The housing market is down - or is it? There are no jobs? Really?
I learned my work ethic from my grandparents and my mother. She somehow raised four kids and for over 20 years worked two jobs - an 8-5 secretarial (oops, administrative assistant) and after she left that job she reported to the wonderful world of Sears until 9pm and most every Saturday and Sunday. My grandparents (both sides) pretty much worked until they died. After retirement they still figured out a way to keep the cash coming in. Also, they taught me how to make my money work for me. My mom hasn't quit working yet. She is one of the busiest retired people I know. When she does sit down she falls asleep. I guess she is tired.
There I go, rambling again.
Sorry to post this but I guess I had to get it off my mind before I head to bed with Elsie and Ambien. Gotta love modern medicine. If only I had some tequila....
I'll delete this after I read it again tomorrow. At least I didn't compose it AFTER the ambien - that could be REAL trouble. Kinda like drinking and dialing - don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment