Sunday, November 2, 2008

GREAT picnic at Al Lopez Park

http://www.great-greyhound.org/
Nope, no pics of the greyhound event. Bonehead me didn't have the camera.
Today was the GREAT Greyhound picnic at Al Lopez Park, Tampa, FL.
I took Emily and Elsie and we had a fun time. We sold a few cards, took a few orders, and won some raffle prizes.
Just imagine a large picnic shelter with lots of people milling around with very large dogs on leashes. Dogs of all colors and shapes. I think my fav (well, 2nd fav 'cause Dice was there!) was a dog that was all black from tip of nose to tail but the white started on the chest, through the belly, and finished at the toes - black on top - white underneath.
I bought a few raffle tickets and consequently Elsie hit the jackpot:
Snooping in the baskets.
Busted. Not the most attractive pic but it is pretty darn funny. I divided the stuff and sent some stuff home with Emily for her Chi Rowdie. Also, Rookie....get ready for a care package.
Dog with bone.
Yes, I am the cutest dog in the world even if I do have the eyes of a devil. Devil Dog. Devil Dog with pearls and diamonds....and tu-tu.
Here is another prize Elsie won. It is a little large for her. Anyone know of a big dog who might want to sport an ACE collar and leash?

3 comments:

  1. ROFL love the new Ace leash :)

    Glad you had a great day. I really wanted to go but knew if I went, I'd be coming home with a dog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elsie is too cute!

    Find a dog named Ace, Deuce or Joker and gift him with the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's for Joni's new greyhound- she can name him ACE.....

    ReplyDelete