Thursday, November 6, 2008

It all started as a simple post and then a request for help for my brother....

...and what do I get in my email but this gem: (not only was this sent to me, but it was also sent to a long list of other people - most I don't know.)

Hi Shelley Rene, (my name is Shelley Renee)
Hope U R Well!
! tried to call which U wanted me to do and I did. (I did not ask him to call me)
You weren't answering which I new U wouldn't. (Nope, I don't answer his calls anymore)
That's OK !
Jesus loves U any way! (WTF. He will never learn)
and I love U. (that is another crazy statement.)
Sounds like from your "Blog" some one in Montgomery county Needs to get a JOB. Will pray for that person! (yep, praying will surely help)
I like your Blog and love that little Elsie! (ok, on this we agree. I love Elsie too)
Thanks for thinking of me and your text message! (um, the text message was a direct plea/demand for help for my brother)
I am praying for U and a whole bunch of other Christians R praying, for U also. (I've asked him repeatedly to not waste his time on this... I am not a Christian (GASP) nor do I need prayers. I think I'm ok just as I am. Well, not really but to the outside world it would appear so).
Your Dad, (WHAT? I have a Dad?)
Awsome blog page, (I'll take that shout-out)
Thank you!
Molater (translation: More Later.)


So, since the above message was copied to a sheetload of other people, I couldn't resist the opportunity and so I replied:
and why did we copy the world on that message? Yes, your son needs help as usual. I've suggested they go to the nearest homeless shelter. I am researching that now.

I just got home - I was as out on the bike so if you tried to call, i didn't hear it. Please don't waste your prayers on me, it isn't worth it. If you want to help someone, look towards your second natural born child.

I don't know half the people in this list but soon they will know all about me.


And it gets better, from someone I don't know, broadcasted to all of those peeps on the original email: (name withheld)
Eeeek
It is sad to see family not getting along - obviously none of you have every experienced extreme lonliness with no living family... what a pity.


To which I replied: (isn't this heartwarming? I've been depressed all day)
I am lonely all the time. But, I try to surround myself with positive, happy friends who make me smile. When my paternal and maternal grandparents (the only perfect people in this world) passed a few years ago I lost the people who truly cared about me. So, you wanna talk about being lonely?
I agree, it is a pity. I’m not sure who you are but you must have the cover story about Doug and his ‘family’. It is a shame…. it is sad to see one’s family member living in extreme poverty while others … nevermind. (this email chain continued privately and I will keep the results confidential)


Meanwhile I rcvd this from him in a few different notes:
I'm doing what I can (maybe not what U think I should) and will continue to let God work on my Children (who by the way are accountable to Him as I am and not accountable to Me). So with that said Jesus is coming and I hope my children are ready to meet HIM!
I know U R thinking about eternity. U just are stuborn (Hard headed as My Mother would say) like I was !! When U get saved you will really be a wild Red Head for Jesus!!!
U have a good heart it just doesn't belong to Jesus yet!!
U might as well get off that pity party and get Jesus in your heart!! He will forgive U and make it Right "Miss Perfect". What good name U have and I was half of the cause of it!!


Have you had enough? Wait, there is more:
Your decision to NOT be a Christian is going to get U to Hell when U die!
Ask (name deleted by Shelley) if that's true or any other Christian U know!!
Ask them !!

SO I AM GOING TO HELL! I THOUGHT THIS WAS HELL. Now, I ask you Christians... is that a very nice thing to say? I think the message is a little harsh.


Anyhoo, the interesting part is the number of peeps who replied privately to me about the situation. I'll keep those responses confidential. Thanks to all for your support.
Let the flames begin.

5 comments:

  1. Well I guess I will be dancing next to you in Hell!

    Love Ya Shell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley,
    I am a friend of Ellie's and I sometimes check out your blog after reading hers. I am sorry for what you are dealing with and I just thought you should know that I completely understand because I have to deal with a parent that is similar to yours. Just thought you should know so that you maybe won't feel so lonely. I don't know you but judging from your blog (and the awesome picture of you on a harley!) I think you're cool. And don't worry, I've reserved an entire table in hell. We can all sit together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure I understand the rant but we love you here and when we are all gone it will be the non stop heaven. Heaven needs cool people and you have plenty of cool.

    Plus you have fans from me posting your blog on my site. How cool is that. The soapbox princess wants us to have dinner when you come up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelley I am not sure what to say except you are AWESOME and those that don't think so are crazy. Your the sweetest nicest person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Shelley...we have more in common than I originally thought. My paternal bio donor is a piece of work, too. Also have the "Super Christians" trying to save me. I may end up emailing you.

    ReplyDelete