Monday, November 24, 2008

I finally looked at one of those sale ads....

Ya know how this time of year our snail-mail-box is full of catalogs, flyers, ads, etc. Well, I was sitting here waiting for a module to upload and decided to browse this flyer from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I have to admit I haven't looked at any cattys (except papercrafting) in a while... Is it just me or are we so ...so.... is the word lazy... or have we just exhausted our ideas of personalized gifts.... meaning...gifts with the recipient in mind...not just a gift to buy a gift... well, maybe these will suit someone:
Sharper Image Jumbo Flat Panel Remote - I guess this goes along with those Jumbo Flat Panel TVs... If the picture in the ad is true.... this thing is approximately 6" wide and 12" long. That is a big-ass remote. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16007480
The Power Rock - this is is kinda cool if you have lots of stuff to plug in outside. However, it appears to be snow-covered. This would be so inconspicuous in my garden.
How about a Waring Pro Wine Opener. Removes up to 80 corks with one full charge. Now, there's an electricity drainer. Keep that thing plugged in, ready to go at a moment's notice.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16047422
How about the 99.99 Waring Pro Wine Chiller. Isn't that what the ice bucket/refrigerator is supposed to be used for.... bad grammar too. hey, it's my blog. There is a double cooler as well for an additional fifty.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&sku=14282793&
I will admit I like the simplehuman Sensor Soap Dispenser. It must take batteries. It is motion activated like the dispensers in public restrooms at fancy places. (not found at Skipper's ha ha). Anyhoo, it is kinda cool but it would use valuable counter space. It comes in regular and brushed nickel. The plain version is fine with me. Just in case anyone was wondering. HA HA
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=16063959
For the audiophile: Ion USB Turntable Converter... yes, take those scratchy old vinyl records and convert them to scratchy old MP3s. I love the sound of scratchy old vinyl but not sure I'd like the sound of it on my ipod.
Then you have the kinda neato AeroGarden. 149.99 Additional seed kits are only 19.99. grow your own herb, man. I like this but I'm afraid it would be waste of space and I would eventually tire of cleaning it.
I’m totally skipping the toy section. I love toys but give a kid a box, crayons, or a boxing kitty and what more do they need?
For only 14.99 you can get an electric bank. As you drop coins, it keeps a running tab on the top. I kinda always liked counting and rolling those coins. It was exciting to see how much I REALLY had…and I learned a little math in the process. Just give me the 14.99 and we're even.
Boot warmers, hand warmers, and now the Towel Spa. For 79.99 you can own a small appliance that will warm your towel (socks, bathrobe, underwear, whatever) while you stand around freezing. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=15796880
Ok, this is the item that started this entire post… saving the best for last…. The Mangroomer. I’m not sure why this struck me as so funny…but it is essentially a Razor-on-a-Stick. 39.99 I wonder if they’ll have these at the fair?
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14399593

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny Shelley. I just got home a bit ago and went to the potty with this catty that came in the mail today. I laughed at some of the things in there, including the male back shaver. That is hilarious. Someone on one of my groups posted that Target has the Disney Monopoly game for $7 something. That is a good gift, and cheap too. lol. Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete