Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Snake Identification needed!

I was watching Zoe through my stamp room window play around in the front garden and then saw her start chasing something. This is the same garden I spent a couple of hours in last weekend working - yikes. Anyhoo, I had to go see what the little huntress had captured. This time it was a snake. Anyone know what kind of snake this might be? This picture makes it look HUGE but if you notice, the grass looks exceptionally large as well. I cropped and enlarged because I was standing far, far, away from the creepy thing.
So proud of herself! This is a better representation of the actual snake size.

3 comments:

  1. According to the hubby, it's a Florida Banded Water Snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vote at work is a baby Rattle snake- they don't have rattles when they shed is what I'm being told.

    ReplyDelete