Saturday, February 14, 2009

Old Crow Medicine Show and The Felice Brothers, Tampa Theatre

Wednesday I volunteered at the Tampa Theatre for a show that never seemed to stop. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling so great and didn't participate in the festivities. In fact, I SAT, yes, SAT, for the entire show. I have no pics, no video. You will have to take my word for these two bands:
The Felice Brothers...AND.... Old Crow Medicine Show
It was a fun crowd, all ages, kids, tweens, x and y gens, snowbirds. :)
They played three sets and I was so confused by who was playing what as the show progressed that I thought, damn, I need a score card. The drummer would swithc to fiddle and then the guy who started on upright bass would have a banjo, etc. etc. Obviously these guys can play. Both bands joined the stage for the last set and that made a small party of 10 jamming. They were having such a good time they played an extra 30 minutes which was fine with us.
They also had enough instruments on stage to open their own shop
Here is a video of the Felice Brothers shot at another theatre last year. I Put Some Whiskey into My Whiskey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc_E5FfcTr0&feature=related

Old Crow Medicine Show, Wagon Wheel and Tell it to Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGOVN1W-_Lg

The above video looks like it was shot by me. Shaky, sing alongs, cheering, dancing, crowd shots, etc. smile

No comments:

Post a Comment