Saturday, February 14, 2009

the bands need gas money to get to sxsw!

As many of you know, sxsw in Austin is quickly approaching. Tampa is sending four bands this year and last night there was a benefit at Dave's Aqua Lounge to raise gas money for the journey.
It was a packed house - I'm thinking we were over the fire code limit but what do I know about codes? It was shoulder to shoulder and I used my bar stool as a ladder to get above the crowd. Well, except for Damon's set. During that 40 minutes Liz and I were front and center.
Overhead view of some of the crowd.
First up was the talented Rebekah Pulley and the Reluctnat Prophets. Ronnie Elliot is also in this picture.

Sometime after 10:00 pm Have Gun Will Travel took the stage and the sing along started.


Next we had the ever charming Damon Fowler Group.
Love ya Damon.
The last band was The Beauvilles but I don't have a pic of those rockers. A few songs into their set Damon said to us 'Hey, we're going to the Ringside. Sean Chambers is there. Go there with us.'
How could I resist that, especially after the big 'ol hug he gave me. smile.
So, off we went to the Ringside Cafe and enjoyed another set of guitar jams between Sean and Damon. No pics of that either. I'm a slacker lately with pics.
I arrived home around 2 am... well, I think it was around 2am. All I can really remember is I was hungry, needed a shower, and was tired.

But the thing I remember the most is someone sending me a text asking if I would be his valentine. awwwwww Of course I will! I missed you at the show.

If you want to know a little more about BAAMO, click here. It is a great organization that truly supports our local musicians:

now...if I could only get to austin in a few weeks.... specifically March 18th. grin

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there for the fun! It's too cold here for outdoor shows and I am really missing them!

    ReplyDelete