Friday, January 23, 2009

Perfect Pine Forest

When I bought this house, two of the big selling features were the two huge grandfather oaks in the front yard and the 50 undeveloped acres out back. Well, that soon changed. The land has been divided into one acre lots and the McMansions are being built. Only a few so far so that is a good thing.
The first year, just a couple of months after finally moving in... the series of hurricanes moved across Florida and one of the oaks split and fell on the corner of the house. Then, the second tree had to be removed because it was diseased. I didn't want that one falling on the garage and smashing all contents.
So, I've started my own personal pine forest in the front yard to compensate for the loss of my 'woods' out back and the two oaks.
There are 30 pines out front. If you're gonna go, go BIG!




Soon I'll post some pics of the back yard. I have planted 9 different species of clumping bamboo to help hide the McMansions and provide privacy for my yard. The homes aren't that bad I suppose. At least there are a variety of styles.

2 comments:

  1. You are the only person I know that likes pine trees and their mess in the yard :)

    What does your next door neighbor think about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not the only one.... the hawks and squirrels like them too!

    ReplyDelete