Thursday, October 2, 2008

Couple of cards for a special friend

I was asked to create two custom cards for one of my great friends and repeat customer. She had a sentiment she wanted on the inside. All she asked was for me to make two special cards for her step-daughters. So, I asked a few questions and here are the end results:

I was told they were both 'girly-girls' and I replied, 'so, I'm thinking PINK' and yes was the answer.... One daughter is blonde. The other daughter I was told loves cherries!
Recipe: Bella (of course!), twinkling H2O paints - yes the chick and the prezzie is hand painted with watercolors (H2Os) and a teeny tiny paintbrush. Spots are silver with the box being purple. She is wearing a pink dress with purple shoes and matching hair accessories.
Sentiment: Kick up your heels, it's your birthday
Silver baubles to the right of the sentiment
Silver spotted paper with pink background. I could not match any other paper (pink were either too red, too yellow, too orange) so I went with purple and black.
She is 'popped' with those foamy thingys that raise your image off the page.

Cherry stamp I've had for years and never liked the way it looked on a card. I love this card! SU DS paper on pink cardstock.
Nesties were used (of course!) and the cherry is popped off the card just like the bella above.

Inside of the cards. I've had those cherry blings for a while and was so happy to finally use one! The other card features one of SU new brad surrounds but instead of the silver center I used a pink diamond brad. I printed the sentiment on pink cardstock.
I had fun creating these cards. Of course,,,, I made a few extras! That is my rule, if I'm making one, might as well make a few. I never sell a special made card until after it has been given or 'released' so, the cards are not yet for sale. Maybe in a week or so. smile
Don't forget to visit
http://wearefullofscrap.blogspot.com/
We are keeping busy making monogram cards and a few new mini albums. I've had a couple requests for albums where the customer wants me to add the pics for her. Of course! I love to make custom projects and if you have the pics, I'll make the album.
In this instance, I'll be contacting you for dates, places, names, etc. so that it is truly personal.
thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment