Sunday, October 5, 2008

My New Favorite Store


I found a t-shirt yesterday while clearance rack shopping with Emily. Well this shirt wasn't on the clearance rack - just RIGHT NEXT to it. Dirty dogs. Anyhoo, I really wanted the t-shirt and you know me and my t-shirts and tanks... I live in them. I checked the tag and the sticker shock nearly threw me into orbit.

Last night I rode my sportster to Bike Night and was thinking "I shoulda bought that shirt, I would have loved to have had it on now." Reverse buyers remorse.
So, today I got back on the bike and went to one of my least favorite places, The Mall. I usually take Emily there about once a month to get a webkinz and I had fullfilled that trip yesterday.

Damn, this is a long post about a bunch of nothing, huh. Ok, so the shirt is made by Lucky Brand and it was at Macy's. The new part of the mall has a Lucky Brand store but I never went in because of the aformentioned sticker shock that I knew would happen. However, I decided that if I was going to buy the shirt I was going to buy it directly from LB and leave middleman Macy's out of the transaction. This story is getting longer and longer.

So, the oh-so-helpful employee and I were talking and she mentioned how EVERYTHING (my emphasis) is MADE IN AMERICA. What? No McJeans? No McSocks? No McT-Shirts? I had to check a couple of labels to see if she was telling the truth.

Of course I bought the t-shirt and based on the enabling by Maria tried on a few pairs of jeans. Right now jeans are on sale (30 off) and so I splurged. I also bought one other t-shirt one for a gift.
Did I pay too much? Probably.
Do I feel bad about it? Not at all. I will gladly pay extra for anything that I know is Made in USA.
I hope they are truthful about their manufacturing. If anyone knows different, let me know. Otherwise, I'll be sporting all LB stuff from now on. I always loved the look of their clothes anyway but just didn't go on the store because I was scared. Terrified.

Many, many thanks to Maria for enabling me to go back and try on a pair of jeans. She is correct. They are comfy, soft, etc. and the best part: MiA. Not missing in action silly, Made in America!

So, go forth. Buy Lucky Brand. But, if you know that any of this isn't true, lemme know and I'm back to garage sales for McJeans.



Can't you see me in almost all of those shirts? I can!

4 comments:

  1. So where is the pic with you in the jeans and t-shirt on your roadster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you! I love my Lucky Brand jeans. Like I said, I have two pairs (I wear them religiously, if that is even possible!) and I have a cropped pair I got on sale that I wear in the event that my jeans happen to be dirty.

    Price Per Wear, baby. That's what it boils down to. Yes, you might spend more initially, but in the end, if you wear them all the time because you love them, then they become priceless. I didn't know they were MiA. I'm glad to know that. I'll use that as a valid point of argument when asking Ryan if I can have yet another pair! Kidding.

    Congrats on the new jeans. May you make many memories in them...or out of them...whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if only they made plus sizes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! I have a pair of LB jeans and I love them. One day I will break down and buy another pair.... once I figure out what to do about the darn mortgages....LOL

    ReplyDelete