Wednesday, October 8, 2008

These shoes are made for walkin'





These are the shoes that took me all over the city. Made by Clarks. Did my feet hurt when I got back to the hotel? Of course they did but they woulda hurt no matter what. Not only do my feet hurt... my legs ache, my shoulder is burning, and I'm overall exhausted. I got some good exercise.
Here are the basic routes I took. I strayed a block or two off these paths occasionally to see something - like Trump Tower, Hard Rock, Crate and Barrel, etc.

First part of walk:
Almost a mile from Pennsylvania Station to the box office at 256 W. 47rh street. Fun walk thru Times Square.

From the box office I headed to Central Park with a few side stops here and there. I don't know how far or how many blocks. It was a fun walk and along the way stopped in Abercrombie for the photo opp, ran into the Cupcakes for Charity van, and took lots of cool and funny pics.


After Central Park I started walking south on 5th towards the Empire State Building. I walked about 5 blocks and a cab pulled over right beside me and some women got out. I asked the cabbie if he'd take me to the Empire State Building. I think it is on 30th or something. I rode in the cab for a few minutes and what a relief!
At the ESB I ate dinner in the restaurant downstairs -some beer place- brewery... and then headed to the top.

My third walk was from the ESB back to the theatre. I wanted to get there in time to see Ace before the show. I was tired, it was a long walk, and it was also around 515pm. Just in time for everyone to be leaving the office.... lots and lots of people. It took me a long time and when I thought I might miss seeing Ace before the show I hired one of those guys on bicycles with small seats in the back. I gave him five dollars to take me about 5 blocks. My feet thanked me.
My final walk was the approximate mile back to Penn Station. Just head south on 7th and you'll get there eventually. I had planned on taking a cab from the theatre but there were none around. I kept walking and walking with everyone else and decided WTH might as well walk the entire way.

The biggest adventure was getting to Rt 17 Station in NJ. The train was late, I couldn't find my car, I was hungry, I had to pee, no one was around to help.... it was 12:15am. But, as you can tell, I figured it out.

1 comment:

  1. Those shoes don't look comfy to me! I am certainly enjoying YOUR trip to NYC. Somewhat envious, too.

    Aunt Carole

    ReplyDelete