Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rental property covered in nicotine

They lived here seven years.  Including kids.  They probably would have never moved had I not put the house on the market.   I can't imagine living here.   I was in the house about 15 minutes and reeked of smoke when I left.  I smelled like I had just left a full smoking bar.  The walls were off white seven years ago.  I'm going to have the carpets, trash, and appliances removed and then drop the selling price and hope an investor wants to buy and rehab.  I can't leave it like that long though.  I may have to invest about 5k and bring it back to renting condition. Another life lesson.  I just wanted to sell a house so I could buy something else.  I should have just kept this one and started shopping! 







4 comments:

  1. disgusting SHelley. so sorry you have to deal with the clean up - I'd be itching like bugs were crawling all over me. as bad as some of the houses i see in flip/flop. :-( sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is terrible. Just what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. What a disaster! How do people live like that?

    ReplyDelete