Sunday, July 24, 2011

Saturday night in the city

After Memphis and saying goodbye to the Penneys, Bailey and I headed to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA). I was excited to see what was behind those walls. We were both a little tired and a little hungry but we decided to go for it. We had to walk a few extra blocks because the address provided on the internet was not correct. WHAT? Yes, google was wrong. LOL We found it though and headed into the cool air. We worked our way up, up, up and looked at every room. We could have spent hours in there reading about the artists, etc. MOMA houses Picasso, Pollock, Kahlo, VanGogh, Dali, Warhol, Mapplethorpe, and 1000s of other artists; it is an amazing place. I asked Bailey if she could take home ONE, just ONE item in the museum what it would be and right now I can't recall the name of the sculptor. I do know the piece is a beautiful gold sculpture. My choice was easy. Oh-so-easy. I want the Warhol ELVIS. I want a poster of this print to frame and put in my kitchen. I need to start my google search now for this poster. What do you think?

After MOMA, we headed out for FOOD because we were STARVED now. Directly across the street was an Asian restaurant and of course we both wnated to go there. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't the best I've had. You can't go wrong with a veggie sushi roll but the Pho soup was greasy - a no-no. Her curry was good but again, we've had better.

After dinner we headed south down 5th to do a little more window shopping and went in a few stores before they closed. We walked through Rockefeller Center (or maybe that was earlier in the week?!?! my days are blending together now) and headed to Times Square to do a little more shoe-watching. I was having fun looking at all of the people and their various shoe choices. From flats to the highest heels, combat books to ugg boots, flip flops to birkenstocks, converse to nikes, wedges, pumps, moccasins, you name it, we saw it.

Two tired girls then headed to the hotel for a much needed night's rest. Oh, but first, a pit stop for some fruit and other snackie cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment