Saturday, July 23, 2011

Battery Park, Wall Street, Flatiron Building, Eisenberg's Deli - twice!


We walked to Battery Park and did a little people watching. We then decided to walk over to Wall Street and check out the NYSE, the Federal Reserve, and of course, The Bull.

After we walked around there awhile we decided we were hungry. I wasn't sure when the Liberty tour would end and what time we'd meet the Penney's. I decided we'd take the train up a couple of stops to Union Square. There is a thrift store a couple of blocks off that stop and I figured we'd find something to eat. It's NY, food everywhere! Well, I wasn't paying attention and we missed the Union Square stop. We got off at the next stop and what a pleasant surprise. The Flatiron Building!We looked around and saw a few places to eat and spotted this place across the street: Eisenberg's Sandwich Shop. What a fun place. Their motto: Raising NYC's cholesterol since 1929.




After this we headed back downtown to meet the Penneys and since we liked this place so much, we convinced them to go there for lunch. I'm not sure they liked it as much as we did but I'd go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment