Sunday, July 24, 2011

Central Park bike ride, carriage ride, and dinner at Film Center Cafe

We rented bikes and mom waited for us somewhere on 5th near central park. We were gone only an hour. John lost us twice on this ride and the second time I didn't try to find him! Bailey and I worked our way through part of the park and rode out of the park to see the Metropolitan Museum of Art and then back in to weave our way back to mom. We returned the bikes and I had decided earlier that I wanted to rent a horse and carriage to take mom through the park since she didn't get to see any of it.


The driver was nice and knowledgeable about the points of interest in the park and I thought it was a nice, relaxing way to end the tour of Central Park. I still haven't seen the entire park. Another item to add to the to-do list. Next time I want to rent bikes for 2 hours and take a leisurely ride through the park. :)


After the carriage ride we walked south to Hell's Kitchen (area just a couple of blocks from our hotel) and ate dinner at the Film Center Cafe. Another nice restaurant with great food. Thanks to Restaurant.com for the coupons. I randomly picked three restaurants from a list of 100s and so far, the two coupons we used (FCC and Zen) were wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment