Monday, August 18, 2008

Start with dessert

Gam Perfect always said to start with dessert. Well, this dessert certainly qualifies. Sunday we had a mexican fiesta at mom's house. For dessert I made strawberry mango salsa.
Mom was making something she calls flan (the cake version, not creamy egg version). She adds this homemade pudding mix to the top of the homemade cake. After that she usually adds cherry pie filling.... Well, I convinced her to let me add the fruit. I used the fruit salsa I made as well as some blueberries and strawberries. Go ahead, drool. LOL

This is the first creation. After she saw mine she decided to make hers using the same fruit.


Momma Gail Penney. Note the window in the background. This will be a feature on a future blog post.


Yum Yum!


3 comments:

  1. Ok can you make this for us when you get home please!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to make this for us on Dinner with Egal's night.

    ReplyDelete