Monday, August 18, 2008

The Getty

Friday afternoon before the party Tawni took me to the Getty Museum. They were having an outdoor family event with live music on the patio. We listened to the first band and then went around back to the garden. I couldn't get enough of this place. It is beautiful. I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in LA. These are just a few pictures. If you want to see more, lemme know. Also, you can click on these pics if you want to see a larger version.

Taken from one of the outside decks on the Getty that overlook LA. You can see a portion of another deck in the lower right of this pic.

Same shot - just used zoom lens for this pic.


The garden is incredible with the water, rocks, maze, etc. My fav thing was the rebar bougainvilla 'planters'. I'd love to have a couple of these in my yard - smaller versions of course!



I understand there is also an incredible art collection inside but I didn't have time for that on this visit. Guess I'll have to go back :)


Isn't she lovely? Isn't she beautiful?

2 comments:

  1. That maze and those trees are so cool :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need plans for the re-bar trees. So cool! I'm building one of those suckers!

    the other David

    ReplyDelete