Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ski Nut and Reindeer Wino

Gam, Grandad, and I used to make these little ski nut ornaments each year. If anyone feels the urge to shell walnuts, pick out the meat, and then glue the halves back together... I'll take those meat-less, hollow shells :) That was always grandad's job and then Gam and I would assemble the ski-nut. Another key ingredient is the acorn... it must have the perfect hat or it just won't do.
So.... this year.... I was asked to start saving wine bottle corks for GREAT. I wasn't sure what they were making but OH MY when I saw these I was floored!
How cute is this little guy?? So, along with the hollow walnuts, I'll take your wine and champagne corks. I'll even pay the postage to ship them to me.

Just start throwing them in a drawer along with a note that says 'send corks and walnuts to shelley' and let me know when you have a box full.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment