Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rick's on the River, Tampa

Saturday May 23, I spent some time with some old friends at Rick's on the River in Tampa, Florida. Lyle was entertaining the crowd and throughout the night had other musicians join him on stage. After a while it felt like an impromptu class reunion of Chamberlain High, Class of '73. Many of Johnny and Lyle's friends stopped by Rick's and they had fun telling stories and remembering good times as well as catching up with peeps they haven't seen in years.
Lyle Russell and Johnny Wilkes
Johnny and Jan Wilkes
Lyle solo. Can you see the city skyline in the background? I love Rick's. I'd love to live nearby. how cool would it be to drive your boat up to the dock and enjoy some food, drink, and live music. Someday.

Lyle, Richard, and Gary
Me
Me and Lyle self portrait
I think I agreed to a Labor Day party with Lyle and friends as the entertainment. More about that later.

1 comment:

  1. i think you can count me in on this one :) why not right?

    ReplyDelete