Sunday, July 13, 2008

What is wrong with this picture?

First, I interrupt my vacation blogging to vent a little.... If you know me at all you know that I try to avoid MIC Products (pronounced McProducts) at every opportunity. I coined that phrase about a year ago for Made In China stuff. It irritates me that nearly every damn thing is a McProduct. Well, I was invited to and attended a Southern Living at Home party on June 12, 2008. Four weeks ago. Ok, well.... I looked thru that catalog over and over and over and over - you get the picture. Since I have a kitchen full of vintage Fiesta and all sorts of other not-off-the-rack stuff filling my house I couldn't imagine having anything from that catty in my possession. I call my decor early-american-garage-sale and it works for me.

However, you know how it is, you go to a party, you feel you must buy, right? Some of the pottery was pretty but I really didn't need it...I finally settled on an OUTDOOR set of HAND PAINTED pet bowls that include a wrought iron stand. Here is a picture of the item from a recent e-bay auction where I could have purchased the same item for half of what I paid but I digress.



The demonstrator did not have this item (I asked the hostess to have her bring it so I could see it 'in person') and in the picture it doesn't look so bad and I bought it. Zoe is spending a lot of time outdoors and I thought this would look better than a plastic bowl or whatever. Ok, back to my frustration.


My friend who hosted the party dropped my stuff at my house while I was on vacation which was awesome for me. As I looked into the bag, imagine my horror when I saw the McProducts words on the end of the boxes:

I was tricked. Neither the demonstrator or the catty stated that these were HAND PAINTED IN CHINA. I'm a sucker, a dumbass, whatever. I should have known. Anyhoo, I feel better now that I have vented and if you've read this far - maybe I should apologize to you, gentle reader.

I haven't taken the junk outta the box and am not sure what I will do with this stuff. Live and Learn right? BTW, the other box contains some other wrought iron thingy that was on sale. That box is unopened as well.
A close friend of mine teases me about my animals eating out of vintage Fiesta.... what was wrong with putting a couple of Fiesta bowls outside for Zoe? Gee, there I go again. Sorry. Anyone need some Gail Pittman Hand Painted Pet Bowls with Stand? Make Offer. LMAO

2 comments:

  1. That's a bummer, Shelly. Maybe the company will let you return it since you're not happy with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold, give it to me! LOL

    ReplyDelete