Monday, December 1, 2014

Long drive allows plenty of thinking time....

During my long journey from the hills of KY to perfect place I had a lot of time to think and reflect.

It sucks to realize that people are just people and are always going to disappoint no matter how much I lower my expectations.

It sucks to realize that people are just users and takers and once a user and taker, always a user and taker I suppose.

It sucks to realize that some people I may never see again and that it probably doesn't matter to them one way or another even though it makes me cry.

It sucks to realize that no matter what I do I will never be good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, or whatever enough to some people.

It sucks to realize that some people who I'd think would be/should be 100% interested in events and happenings are 100% not interested for various reasons.  People change.  People get new friends.  People have a lot going on in their lives.  People have their own family and busy schedules.  I get it but don't reel me in and then let me flop around.  Cut off my head already or leave me alone.

It sucks to realize that I have to continue to separate myself, distance myself even more from people so that I don't continue to be disappointed and hurt.  But I'm sure it is better for me in the long run.

It sucks but it is totally true...Actions speak louder than words.

It sucks to realize that I can't really depend on very many people.  Back to the last one.... people talk a lot of shit.

It is GREAT to realize that there are a handful of people who DO really care, who DON'T disappoint, who AREN'T users and takers, who CAN'T WAIT to see you or talk to you again, who ARE genuinely interested in events, milestones, and your welfare.

There is more in this peabrain but that is way more than I probably should have added to this blog.


3 comments:

  1. I always am here and I am loyal. And we love you and want to adopt you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could see all that do love & care about you and not all the negative but I understand it's hard. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE enough Shelley!!! And then some! xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete