Saturday, March 23, 2013

Should her face be this swollen after her first (and probably last) dental cleaning?

I'm freaking out. Vet hasn't returned my call. It is after hours and I'm worried.

update: I spoke with two vet techs and they both said to give her a little more time to recover before I rush her to the emergency vet. Since that vet is open 24 hours I can go at anytime if I feel she is not getting better or the swelling is not going down. She is next to me on the sofa, shivering/ shaking as chihuahuas do and trying to rest. She doesn't want anything to eat but I carried her outside and she did potty. She walks around ok when forced. She really just wants to sleep- as I'm sure I would if I had a cleaning and two teeth removed 7 hours ago. To get her to life her head I had to act like someone was here. She wouldn't lift her head otherwise. She just wants to be left alone.

Also, the swelling seems to be more her lips vs her gums as I previously thought. That may be a slight allergic reaction according to one of the vet techs.

No comments:

Post a Comment