Monday, October 22, 2012

Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds at Clearwater Jazzfest

http://www.sistersparrow.com/
I spent today in Clearwater with thousands of my friends.  Not really my friends but we all had something in common.  We were there to enjoy the music.  I also wanted to try and relax a bit.
It was a beautiful, sunny day.  Not a cloud in the sky.  I could have used a few clouds or an umbrella but with the bullfrog and hat, I survived. 
The sun started going down around the same time this fabulous band, took the stage.  I saw SS about 18 months ago or so at Skipper's Smokehouse.  They opened for another famous band but after seeing them rock the stage, I left after the headliner played a few songs.  I couldn't wait to get the CD into the car player. 
I've been following SS ever since and have promoted them to everyone I think would enjoy their sound and energy.  Yes, I did miss the  Tampa show two weeks ago but dang, it was day 3 of my surgery and I wasn't leaving the house. 
They continue to be one of my favorite bands and their music is in constant rotation on my ipods and Pandora, yes, I created a Sister Sparrow Channel. 

It's a family affair.  That's her cousin on drums.  So much talent in this band.


too bad blogger's new and improved software still doesn't give you the option of rotating a photo... above is her brother and he can play the harp.  boy, can he play the harp!  Below are more of the dirty birds.
 I am looking forward to the next show.  Soon please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment