Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kellie Pickler, one more time...and another SF complaint

So,,,, Joni luckily won backstage passes for the KP show at the Plant City Strawberry Festival. She graciously allowed us to go with her. We waited in line and then were admitted, 15 or so at a time, 'backstage' to 'meet' Kellie.
The backstage is really just a lawn area behind the stage.
The 'meet' was really just stand in line and get a quick snapshot with KP.
We were advised that we weren't allowed to use our own cameras because there is an official photographer and we would be able to get copies of the shots.

So, as we moved closer to the front of the line a guy asked if we had a camera, we were surprised since we were told outside to NOT use our camera or we WOULD be REMOVED from the meet and greet. (damn camera nazis)
We started to hand him a camera and then were quickly REMINDED that they have a photographer taking OFFICAL photos.
We moved quickly thru the line. I truly don't remember speaking to KP although I do believe that if she would have had five seconds with us she would have had something entertaining to say.
After the whirlwind photo shoot (what happened to the meet and greet?) we were shuffled back out the gate. A few moments later we started discussing 'how are we going to get those pics?' We weren't give a business card, instructions, etc. We asked at the t-shirt counter and that guy was clueless.
Joni asked the Official Strawberry Festival Employees in the red shirts (note to self, check all garage sales for these shirts. they are the IN to anything SF. hee hee)
Sorry, I digressed as usual. Joni obtained the name of the photographer and to make a long story a little shorter... she emailed him and was told that we could BUY prints. Yes. BUY prints. Now, I understand making a buck. Believe me. Anyone that knows me knows that I am ALL about making a buck. So, maybe I am being hypocritical here... but, to charge us for these pics... IMHO is highway robbery. Well, I'd be willing to pay a couple of dollars but...
Anyhoo, the photographer sent Joni the proofs and you be the judge of my rant. Go ahead. Tell me I'm outta line. Tell me that the price charged is reasonable. I can take it. However, I will not be buying any of the prints below. I will (of course) print them with the beautiful red ink in memory the Plant City Strawberry Festival.
I have a friend who is a photoshop pro. She can probably 'fix' these pics. You know who you are... I know you read my blog sometimes :) This friend is also a photographer and I am curious to see how she feels about the prices.
Thank goodness for the strawberry shortcake.


Emily and Kellie



Joni and Kellie

Shelley, Kellie, and Emily
I think this is a cute pic!
GASP. I LIKE a pic of me! GASP!

1 comment:

  1. Ridiculous amount of money. Gouge, gouge, gouge.

    BTW...it IS a cute pic of you!

    ReplyDelete