Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jake Owen, Travis Tritt, and Kellie Pickler at the Plant City Strawberry Festival

Saturday afternoon Joni and I had a lot of fun at the Strawberry Festival. Jake Owen was the main event for the day. I think I am in love. Ok, I'm in lust. He is a little young for me but one can dream, right?

This little cutie was raised to the stage and stayed there for one song. She was adorable in her denim dress, pink hat, and cowgirl boots. She walked back and forth across the stage and totally enjoyed herself.
Joni, Jessica, and I saw Jake last year and here is the link to that post:
My second favorite show of this year's festival was Travis Tritt. I knew only 4-5 of the songs he sang and 3 of those were covers! (Texas Flood, Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys, and Take it Easy). I kinda recognized Country Club but had heard TROUBLE before. Anyhoo, I enjoyed listening to him and the band play. He had a large band and they were jamming. I'm not sure who I thought I was going to see because I thought I knew more of his music. The crowd sang along to his songs and I was clueless but still enjoyed the time. He played 2 hours and 15 minutes. Usually SF shows run about an hour...sometimes a little more. He was having fun and made everyone happy despite the sub-zero (yes, Maria, it was effing cold) weather. hee hee

Friday night we went to the Kellie Pickler show. Joni won backstage passes and she took Emily and I back with her to meet Kellie. It went so quick and they wouldn't let us use our own camera. There was a photographer there so I'm sure that for a fee we can get a copy of the pic.
Her guitarist was really good and also provided some eye candy for us girls. Kellie is so stinkin' cute! She chatted between songs and after the show came back out to sign stuff. It got a little out of hand because people started throwing all kinds of stuff for her to autograph. She is a trooper though and seems like a sincere girl. Cute too!

1 comment:

  1. Kelli Pickler was my favorite on that seson of Idol. Really nice pictures, but then you always make nice pics. Wish I did.

    ReplyDelete