Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ded Ringers, James McMutry, Skipper's Smokehouse 12/05/08

Standing room only at Skipper's last Friday night for the much anticipated, long awaited, show. Opening was The Ded Ringers. I think I acutally enjoyed them more than the headliner, James McMurtry who I have followed for years and love his writing. However, James looked pissed off the entire night, didn't address the crowd until his show was almost over and when someone gave him a hint that 'the vocals aren't loud enough' he replied 'It's not my fault'.
Sean Faires, hmm, didn't get his name, me, and Jonny Burke.... The Ded Ringers. If they are in your town, go see them. They ROCK!
Ded Ringers rockin' the house.

Lovely old Fender amp and Sean's skinny legs.
Sean Faires - The Ded Ringers
Next year's holiday card pic? Maybe!
Here is a short article about The Ded Ringers:
They can also be found on myspace and facebook.
James McMurtry. He is truly a poet. If you don't know James you may know his daddy, Larry McMurtry. Like father, like son.
Smile, James!
I wonder why he is so angry?
I am happy to have experienced the show and that there was a huge turnout for wmnf. However, I'm not sure I will spend the $$ to see him live again. Can you believe it? smile
I put a couple of videos on You Tube if you are interested.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun. Too bad about James... I know you were looking forward to seeing him. He shoulda shrugged off that bad attitude just for you!

    I can't wait to go to Skipper's with you on NYE! It has been two years! I can't wait to get the hell out of Dayton for a week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley I love The Ded Ringers! Wish I had known they were there, I would have come down after Charlie Paloosa :)

    Although I was in bed at 10, being outside for 7 hours wore me out!

    ReplyDelete