Thursday, April 3, 2008

Huntress and her prey


Last saturday I was sick (sinus congestion, cough due to cold, etc.) and spent the day sleeping. Elsie barked to go out so I walked her out to the back door. Zoe was in the yard and she had something hanging out of her mouth. What in the heck? It was a black snake! I went back to get the camera and then let Elsie out. Zoe dropped the snake, Elsie ran over to investigate, and the snake freaked and tried to strike Elsie. Note: I would not have let Elsie out if it was any other type of snake! So, Elsie freaked and did one of those crazy kitten jumps. If you've ever had a kitten, you know what I mean...straight up and back at the same time....I started snapping pics and captured a few OK shots. A few hours later she was still out there with it, tossing it around, etc. I haven't seen it since.

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny...I would be worried about it biting my dog! I can't believe they played with it that long! Nick found a rat snake today at Disney coming out of a rock wall. It was at Animal Kingdom so it was kind of funny that it really was wild and not behind glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaack!

    I am positively phobic about snakes.

    Glad the fab felines stay inside.

    ReplyDelete