Sunday, August 16, 2015

New idea for my card making hobby

Partially DIY for gift packs. I've gotten a few people into coloring lately. I'm giving coloring books, markers, and colored pencils as gifts this year. Well, I needed to make a birthday card and I thought I would use the French cat art stamp. Then I thought why don't I not color it and tell the recipient that it is a "color your own birthday card." Then that grew into, make a few cards and give them as gifts. 

Shelley's Partially Do It Yourself Greeting Cards.

What a concept! The cards seem kind of plain to me but I can't add embellishments because they need to be COLORED!  After the are colored they will be fabulous.  

What I like about this so far:
1. Using stamps I haven't used in years.
2. Very quick and easy. I'm even embossing.
3. Using a lot of card stock for layering.
4. Not obsessing over color schemes. 
5. 1/3 the work and still and awesome gift.
6. Motivating me.

I hope the recipients like and enjoy them. If this works I may do it for some of my Christmas card give always this year. Well, if I ever get to make any Christmas cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment