Sunday, July 14, 2013

209 Main in Paton, Iowa - for dinner - home of the tool bar - newrestaurant

Blog Readers:   Please post a comment below about this restaurant.  I'm compiling notes for YELP review and need to update this post.   Many Thanks,  October 13, 2014

The new restaurant in Paton is OK and you are thinking of going for a meal, check it out.  
Visiting Jefferson this week from Tampa,  we heard about 209 Main and decided to give it a try.  
We ordered a variety of appetizers and meals and everything was pretty good.  We were disappointed that we could not get a steak or other larger entree due to it being Sunday.  Yep, nothing like that served on Sundays.  
However, there are many sandwiches, burgers, appetizers, and pizza from which to choose.  The child in our group choose the kids burger and I think it was the burger usually served from the regular menu.  It was huge.   I loved the onion rings and the hand tossed thin crust pizza was very good.  I wish we would have ordered two pizzas so I could try the thick crust too.   Boneless chicken tenders with some sort of Thai sauce - ok.   Philly cheesesteak sandwich - ok.   Salmon Reuben - ok and seemed a little skimpy.  
Overall a good meal and the price was reasonable.
Ice cold draft beer (blue moon and fat tire).  Nice servers and separate seating area for diners so you can be close to the bar but not in the bar.  Also, it wasn't crazy loud like the places in Tampa of which this reminded me.   This could have been a Beef o Brady's or other bar/restaurant found around the country.
I'm happy Paton has this place and I hope it is very successful.  I'd go again if I lived near.  But I'm going back to the sunshine state in a few days.
  
I'm not sure what is meant by Home of the Tool Bar.... Anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Toolbar is a part of a planter which the tractor pulls and the seeding portion is attached.The owners of this bar make toolbars for the very large John Deere planters in a factory on the east side of Paton, thus the name toolbar.Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete