Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cabot oil treatment day two

Almost finished!  I applied 3 more gallons this morning.  There was a light breeze and I started out in the shade.  I should have stopped at 2 because by the time I was halfway through the third gallon the fumes and heat were getting to me.  Paint fumes make me sick.  As you can see from the photo below, I have just a small area to complete.
I have two more gallons in the garage and I should be able to do the last part with one gallon.  In a few weeks I will take the last gallon and go over a few spots where I think the oil is too thin.  I can see areas where it is darker than others. One can of this stuff seemed a lot thinner than the others and I think I can tell where it was applied.
Overall though I really like the way it looks even if it is splotchy here and there.  I'd like to see how the rain affects it although I don't want it to rain for a few days now!

No comments:

Post a Comment