Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Deer sightings during my road trip - what I learned on the road

I learned to keep my eyes open while driving when the deer may be active (early in the morning and then all through the night until late morning).  Photos below but this is what I saw on my road trip:
- 3 dead deer on I-75 north in Georgia
- 5 alive deer while driving winding roads through KY on my way to Campton (as seen in photos below)   One was walking across the road as I came around the bend and i wasn't ready so I didn't get a photo.  So, I stopped and got the camera out.  I went around another corner and there were 5 working their way across the road.  I pulled over and shot (photo!) a few.  Deer season was just ending as I arrived but they are a common sight to see in the hills.
- 1 dead deer on I-95 south headed home (Florida)
- 10 alive deer on I-95 and I-4 (2 sets of 3, 2 solo, and 1 set of 2 - they were all feeding along the side of the highway)

I think there were many more along the stretch of road between Jax and Seffner but it was dark, I was staying as far left as possible, and if i didn't see that it clearly was a deer, I didn't count it.  Many shadows.

I drove straight through from Asheville to Seffner and one thing that helped keep me away was the constant searching for deer standing next to the road.  I did not want one to jump in front of me.

Red bull, monster, rock stars, and a ginormous custom made coffee from dunkin donuts helped too!






No comments:

Post a Comment