Wednesday, August 15, 2012

afghans old and new

Esther 'Gam" Perfect taught me how to crochet when I was about 10 years old I'd say.  After she showed me the chain and double crochet stitches I gathered leftover balls of yarn and started this crazy afghan.  I've carried this thing from apartment to house from Ohio to Florida and here it is with the girls.  I've decided to keep this out and use it until it falls apart.  
I hope you enjoy these pics of the crazy dogs as much as I did shooting the photos today.  I think I took 50 to get these few.  They were funny when I spread the blanket on the ground.  They started rolling around, playing, and just watching me.  You'll have to turn your head to look at TCDITW.  I'm so over this dumb blogger software. 


 Then, Annie decided it was time for a chew so she located a bully stick and is still going at it now.



That's my new Kentucky plant in the background.  I'm not sure of the name yet and I haven't decided yet where to put it. 
Below is Annie on the new afghan.  While in KY I mentioned to Carole that I wanted to take a crochet lesson when I returned home.  She started pulling out patterns, yarn, and afghans in storage and proceeded to re-teach me.  The blue afghan is what I created over the week I spent in KY. Note the flawless and oh-so-straight edge. HA HA HA
This photo doesn't show it well but there are a few extra light blue rows on one end... but who is counting anyway? I certainly wasn't.  HA HA HA again.  I know Carole was worried at first that the pattern was not aligned but after a while she gave in and said it looked ok.  :)  Her afghans are perfect.  Well, in theory mine are too but in name only.  This one is far from perfect but the girls don't mind.  I don't think they notice. 


2 comments:

  1. I see a couple perfectly lined up holes in the bottom of the afghan. How did that happen?

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are perfectly lined up because someone ripped out and fixed my errors. Then that same person gave in and reluctantly agreed that a random pattern was ok. (since I obviously can't count!)

    ReplyDelete