Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Paul-A-Palooza weekend with Paul Thorn Band

The weekend started Thursday, May 24th with a show at the House of Blues in Orlando.  Suzy and Tom arrived from Asheville and we had fun dancing and singing to the music.  The crowd overall was .. um... dead... I guess that is the best adjective.  Paul's hint to the sitters about their kneecaps was still not enough to get them up and moving.
Friday night we hosted a pre-show dinner with the band in the Skipperdome.  Later Paul performed a solo show.  Maggie Council opened with Amanda Shires playing second.  A fun night with friends.
Paul with Elsie and Annabelle Beep-Beep


 Turn your head to read Ralph's t-shirt.
Saturday we hosted another pre-show dinner with the band.  Cheryl brought a lovely salad.  Liz finished our meals with yummy cupcakes and rice krispie treats.  Beth McKee rocked the house before the band took the stage for a very energetic show.  Everyone was on their feet...and sweaty.  Unfortunately I don't have many photos from the weekend.  Not sure what I was thinking.  Oh, I know what I was thinking... 'have fun!!'  and I did....

No comments:

Post a Comment