Saturday, March 3, 2012

John (and Daisy) the snake wranglers

Mom was chatting on the phone while sitting out on the patio this morning. All of a sudden we hear her shouting 'JOHN JOHN JOHN..there's a ... there's a.... there's a...' as she runs into the kitchen. She can't even say the word.
So, we go out and there's Daisy batting and boxing with a little black racer who has found his way into the screen room. I haven't had a snake on the patio in years and of course one appears today, while mom is out there.... See the little dog door above Daisy's head? Daisy is mad because we are all trying to get her to leave the snake alone and get in the house. John asked me what I do when I get a snake on the porch and I told him I usually go out and prop the screen doors open and then take the loooooonnnnnnngggggg pool broom and scoot them along 'til they work their way out. Well, he grabbed the pool net instead and started wrangling the slippery thing.

The snake was not going to be worked back towards the open doggie door. Instead he chose to go under and around the grill.



You'll have to turn your head sideways to look at this photo. I'm too lazy to take it out and fix it.

John was successful and captured the snake. He then put it over the back fence. I hope he stays out of my yard. Between the dogs, cat, and my new snake wrangler I think he'd be better off at the neighbors house.


3 comments:

  1. they're HARMLESS and only come to visit you because your pool. those black racers won't do any harm and they're fast too. LOL comic relief watching the effort though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're HARMLESS and only come to visit you because your pool. those black racers won't do any harm and they're fast too. LOL comic relief watching the effort though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG John! Too funny :) Tell the parental units I said hello!

    ReplyDelete