Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tribute to Amy Winehouse - we miss you ( russell brand bruno mars tony bennett ) video





When I first heard Amy on my local public radio station years ago (wmnf 88.5 in Tampa - wmnf.org online for streaming) I knew she was something special. I immediately bought the only CD I could find at the time online - FRANK - and it was in constant rotation around here. Her second release brought her millions more fans and she became well known as she deserved.
An amazing talent - singer/songwriter - adorable - stylish - she had it all. Unfortunately she also had a fateful disease.
Too young. Gone too soon. Her music will live on.

1 comment:

  1. I too loved Amy Winehouse! I wasn't sure how to take Russell Brands tribute (her death being so fresh) but the fact is ...he was bang on. Bruno Mars song was spectacular, I loved every minute of it. The spot with Tony Bennett was amazing. Amy looked so good and healthy during that recording! So very sad!!!! It's truly a very ugly disease and unfortunately it was more powerful than she - RIP Amy!

    ReplyDelete