Monday, October 18, 2010

Craft day with GREAT greyhound rescue - SKI NUTS!

Many stages of Ski-Nuts
My Gam and I used to make these ski nuts tree ornaments for her to sell at Perfect North Slopes. Grandad would crack the walnuts and pick out the meat for us and glue the halves back together.

This year I decided to make a group for the greyhound group to use for their gift wrapping benefit at Barnes and Nobles.

Liz helped me crack and pick the walnut meat out of the shells. (I made brownies with the nuts.)

You need toothpicks for the ski poles, pop sticks for skis, and of course acorns for the heads.
They are labor intensive but oh-so-cute.

1 comment:

  1. I still hang one of these ornaments on my Christmas tree every year! Shelley and I made some of these at "Mom's" house one year as well! I believe I own an "original!" I've been married 21 years and can't remember a year or tree without one hanging from the branches. Gam and Grand Dad were very special people and even though they weren't mine, I loved them still.

    ReplyDelete