Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pool Refinish

It is time to have the pool refinished. It looked bad when I bought the place five years ago (YES! FIVE YEARS) and now little chunks and dust are beginning to appear in the filter. Next week the pool will be drained and the guys will do their magic. They promise to drain the water into my gardens. 15,000 gallons - I hate to see it just go down the sewer. Don't worry about the chlorine hurting the plants. I haven't put any in about 5 days and it will be 5 more before it is drained. The water will be turning green soon! The chlorine will evaporate.
I'm also have a salt system installed. I'll keep ya posted on that.... I wasn't going to do that... you know what granddad always said 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'... the current system works fine but all that dang chlorine... and, my guests will love it too. POOL PARTY!
Large gecko will appear on the top step - not totally centered probably...with two others going down into the pool.
Bad spotting! The pool was built in 1984. I think it is time.

These little beauties will be gracing the inside of the pool. A big one at the top of the step and little ones scattered. This is where I need help.... I can't decide where to put the critters! I'm thinking one the 2nd and 3rd steps and then maybe 2-3 on the wall in the shallow end. I'll keep ya posted on this too!


No comments:

Post a Comment