Saturday, November 21, 2009

The pool is finished!

One guy was constantly mixingi the stuff and refilling the wheelbarrow that was in the pool. Another guy would dip a bucket in here and throw it on the walls while the others were working it down the wall.
Newly installed geckos. In hindsight, they should be closer to the floor, not closer to the top. Who knew?


Old style spa area near the deep end with more geckos.

Geckos on the steps!

The pool finish looks white but there are tiny flecks of blue and black in there which helps the sun reflect the color - hence 'blue water' appearance. Again, hindsight is 20/20 and I wish I would have picked a different color. But, it is very nice and looks beautiful. Much better than that old chipped, spotted, and stained pool!

It took almost 24 hours to refill the pool. This was taken at night, about 6 hours after the water started pouring in.

6am the next morning:


I had a salt water system installed as well. No more chlorine jugs. I'm skeptical but have read really good things about it. I keep hearing grandad saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' and the old system worked fine. However, salt is easier on everything and supposedly the maintenance is easier. We'll see! Who wants to have a pool party? email me and I'll put something together. The water is way too cold for me but some of you peeps don't mind it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment